Recently, I was working on an ASP.NET MVC project using Visual Studio and the web project had strongly-typed views that were using model classes located in another class project in the same solution. The project itself got built successfully and was running fine until it tried to show those views, it returned the Compilation Error saying that the type or namespace name could not be found. In this article, I will show you what I tried and how I finally solved the problem.
I was working on my ASP.NET MVC application recently and I needed to do some serialization/deserialization work on JSON data. I chose to use Json.NET, a very popular JSON framework for .NET. The problem was that when I ran the application, I was getting an exception telling me that the Newtonsoft.Json could not be loaded due to the assembly's manifest definition not matching the assembly reference. In this article, I will show you what I tried and how I managed to solve the problem.
A few months ago, when I installed MySQL server on Windows 10 to run WordPress locally, I chose to have the database files on my main SSD drive. As it was slowly filling up, I decided to migrate the MySQL database files to another drive. I assumed all I needed to do is to update a path for datadir option in
my.ini configuration file, but that didn't work. After the database location move, starting the MySQL server gave me the 10061 error "Can't connect to MySQL server" error. Luckily, the fix was quite simple.
Recently I had some issues with EasyPHP development server, so I decided to install PHP, Apache & MySQL manually on my local machine. After everything was set up, the WordPress website on localhost loaded without any issue, but when I clicked on any of the post or page links, I got an error telling me that the requested URL was not found. This article will show how I fixed this issue.
When writing drafts for my blog posts, I prefer to use offline blog authoring editors. First, I used Windows Live Writer, part of Windows Essential, but after it reached the end of support in 2017, I installed PHP, Apache, MySQL on my local machine, to publish the drafts to my local WordPress site for further processing. The problem was that the "Open Live Writer" was not letting me add a blog account. It was giving me an error message about Invalid Server Response. In this article, I will show you what I tried and what fixed the issue.
The qTranslate-X is a free popular plugin that adds support for multiple languages on a WordPress site. I really like it, but the only issue I have with it is that the default image flags for the Language Menu are not that good. In this article, I will first show you different types of Language Switching Menu we can choose from and the two ways we can display them. Finally, we are going to replace those default images with our own.
Recently, I was experimenting with Telerik Kendo UI HTML Framework and in particular, I was exploring the PDF Export feature that allows you to convert HTML content into a PDF. I wanted for generated PDF to open in a new browser tab, but all the examples I found on the web worked in such a way that the file was downloaded on your computer. After a little research, I was able to find the solution that makes the PDF open in the browser in a new tab and this is the focus of this tutorial.